As a software test engineer at IHS Markit, you will have the opportunity to work as a key contributor on an Agile development team, working to perpetually drive code into a cutting-edge CI environment for releases of code to production. Core responsibilities of the position include requirements analysis; the design, implementation and execution of manual and automated tests; defect verification and validation; regression and exploratory testing.
The team you will be working on provide various types of data to our core IR platform and as such you will need to be very comfortable with data migration and validation.
What you’ll work on:
- Conduct ambiguity reviews of stated feature requirements.
- Develop core test logic to support feature development.
- Build and support team developed test plans during each sprint.
- Verify customer defects, clarifying root cause scenarios for developer consumption.
- Validate defect fixes, ensuring application functionality and stability for production releases.
- Support releases through regression testing and exploratory testing.
- Coordinate User Acceptance Tests and create Release Notes
What we look for:
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in Test / Software Quality Assurance or a related field.
- Curiosity and a strong drive to discover and share useful information about systems
- A track record of working with Product Owners and stakeholders to create high quality
- Proven experience translating software requirements/stories into accurate and complete test scenarios, including identifying the detailed test data needs.
- Commitment to deliver high quality releases.
- Experience working in fast paced, highly-interactive environment.
- Strong communication, negotiation, networking and influencing skills are essential because collaboration with end-users, technology and operational functions are critical to the relevance of the product.
- Proficient in excel, using functions and macros to compare data sets
- Experience working with SQL databases