Job ID: CEP000493
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications.
Cepheid is looking for a hands-on Software Engineer with experience in maintaining, validating, developing interface protocols for embedded systems and client-server architecture, mathematical analysis and data acquisition.
You will be part of a small-embedded software development team that is architecting and designing the core software for our next generation platform in our world-class molecular diagnostics product series. You will be developing test protocols/methods, software test tools help diagnose software issues and maintain existing software.
The ideal candidate should be an exceptional engineer with strong technical skills able to thrive in a dynamic, test-driven, agile environment.
- Be a contributor on the firmware engineering team that leads development efforts for embedded software for commercial products and in-house research.
- Enhance and maintain existing firmware verification tools.
- Develop test protocols/methods to verify firmware applications.
- Perform black box, white box, regression, and unit testing supporting R&D system application developed in C/C++.
- Work on projects that will involve mathematical data analysis, data acquisition and storage, and hardware interfacing and control.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams with scientists, technical support and other engineers to diagnose software/firmware issues.
- Document software/firmware; write technical specifications for interfaces and testing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- B.S. or M.S. in CS or EE (or an equivalent technical discipline). Or, equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- A minimum 3years (1-2years with Masters degree) of hand-on experience in software testing, writing test scripts, programming embedded system design for commercial instrumentation.
- Familiarity with C, C++ programming with experience in real-time system design, debug, and testing.
- Experience with software bug tracking systems like JIRA.
- Familiarity with communication technologies (TCP/IP, UDP and etc.), robotics, and system engineering.
- Fast learner, self-motivated, willing to work outside the job description.
- Demonstrated analytical/experimental problem-solving skills to understand hardware, software issues, and be able to quickly analyze and resolve system inter-operability problems.
- Medical device industry is a plus
- Master's degree is preferred
- Familiarity with Firmware/Hardware testing methodologies
- Familiarity with scripting tools such as Matlab and Python
- Basic knowledge of other engineering disciplines helpful (mechanical, electrical, physics)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing