Software Test Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Software
The Sr Software Test Engineer is responsible for developing automated testing strategies and implementing them in industry standard testing frameworks for both native and mobile web based applications. The Software Test Engineer provides automated testing expertise and oversight and also plays a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring emerging technologies.
- Tests mobile applications with native SDKs (e.g. iOS, Android).
- Create and maintain scripts for reusability and performance regression testing.
- Analyzes test results to identify issues, and works with architects and developers to suggest improvements and drive issues to resolution.
- Owns the testing automation strategy, test data management strategy, and test automation framework architecture.
- Develops new or maintains existing test automation frameworks for all applications that automation currently supports.
- Writes, debugs and executes code used in automated testing efforts.
- Coordinates regression test automation activities across supported applications.
- Defines, implements, and manages processes and “best practices” with regard to automated testing.
- Establishes processes to continually review and select manual test cases for automation test suites.
- Provides metrics on business process and code coverage for automated test suites.
- Presents test results to stakeholders.
- Partners with feature developers and other automation engineers to build the tools and infrastructure to ensure production code is thoroughly tested to the highest standards.
- Determine testing standards and influence others in best practices.
- Manage the strategy, design and execution of business process tests and usability evaluations
- Manage all testing activities.
- Manage and communicate all risks associated with the execution of testing as it relates to the quality and predictability of the encompassing program and takes mitigating action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Assess and advise on the possibility of testing process alternatives, including automated testing.
- Initiate improvements to test processes and contributes to their implementation.
- Assess vendor’s capabilities for supporting testing efforts.
- Manage stakeholder relationships with respect to all testing matters.
- Design and implement test automation frameworks using industry best practices.
- Evangelize and implement test frameworks across the software testing teams.
- Continue to optimize testing frameworks to meet the needs of the business.
- Working experience testing iOS and/or Androidmobile applications
- Working experience with automated test frameworks for iOS and/or Android
- Working experience with software test tools and processes, building and testing frameworks, and consumer-facing applications and databases
- Working experience with regulatory standards testing processes
- Working experience of scripting and configuration tools
- Working knowledge of delivering products in an engineering, operations, or release role
- Working knowledge of development lifecycle methodologies (e.g. waterfall, agile, iterative)
- Working knowledge in analysis, design and programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Experience with other web development technologies including HTML 5.0, CSS 3, ES6/7, JQuery, REST, Bootstrap, React/Angular/Knockout
- ScrumDevelopers Certification or equivalent
- 5 – 8years working experience