Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Software Test Engineer II: Validates software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans and test protocols. Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software. Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action. Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works on concurrent projects and coordinates tasks as necessary to complete projects from requirements phase to software release.
- Follow internal software development procedure that complies with medical regulations.
- Participates in software requirements and design reviews and provides feedback.
- Creates and updates validation plans, test protocols, test scripts, and executes software tests.
- Documents test results and reports test progress.
- Writes validation reports and software risk analyses.
- Analyzes failures and collaborates with software engineers to ensure root cause is investigated.
- Enters and tracks failures or enhancements in the bug tracking system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- At least 3-5 years experience in software testing and/or software development
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of Java/C# programming languages
- At least 2 years’ experience testing or developing APIs
- At least 2 years’ experience with automated testing
- Demonstrated ability to understanding and communicating proper test designs
- Ability to think analytically and to model test designs
- Knowledge of source code management
- Understanding of good software development and testing practices
- High degree of diligence in documentation and testing
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Working with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Working with Cucumber and Selenium testing frameworks
- Working understanding of Agile and Scrum principles
- Ability to multi task and work across platforms
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in engineering, computer science or related discipline from four-year College or university