The Software Development Test Engineer 2 (Firmware Testing) is responsible for developing test cases. The candidate will develop and extend automated test cases, to verify full coverage of requirements, and will be responsible for completion of software test activities for projects from the software requirements phase through release of the software. The candidate will also be required to generate and record documentation during the process, and provide updates to the team as needed. Skills in test, integration, and verification activities and an understanding of the full software development lifecycle are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement automated test cases in Java.
- Core Java software development and object oriented design experience.
- Develop test cases using black/white box methods and automate using API's request/response.
- Update test cases as per requirement/design changes.
- Record task status and track issues in the bug tracking system.
- Analyze failures and collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure root cause is investigated.
- Create requirements traceability matrices which demonstrate test coverage of all features.
- Write test reports documenting detailed results of validation, and report test progress to management.
- Work in regulated environment: Create/update software validation plans, and software risk analyses, for software used in commercial products.
- Validate Dexcom tools and products using manual testing procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related experience.
- Expertise in Core Java, Junit and Eclipse IDE.
- Moderate experience with Android and/or iOS devices, including debugging, installation, and configuration.
- Firmware testing experience is a plus.
- Strong written skills and ability to follow Dexcom software procedures and generate required software documentation.
- Review product specifications, software requirements, and software design specifications.
- Execute software validation plans and protocols.
- Ability to implement design advancements to test cases to promote reduced porting times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline