Software Test Developer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Cardiac Management Solutions
< Back to Search
The Cardiac Management Solutions division of ZOLL Medical Corporation develops products to protect and manage cardiac patients, including the LifeVest® wearable cardioverter defibrillator (WCD), the ZOLL cardiac monitor, and associated technologies.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in the U.S. At ZOLL, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need. To date, the LifeVest WCD has been worn by hundreds of thousands of patients and saved thousands of lives.
ZOLL has been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL the ideal place to build your career.
This position will be responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of software test plans, test cases and test status reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leads the testing activities for projects and provide status on those activities
- Tests standalone applications, web-based software, web services and mobile applications
- Designs and reviews test plans and test cases
- Executes and maintains test plans and test cases to verify that the design meets the specified requirements
- Identifies and communicates risk throughout the software development lifecycle and works cross-functionally to mitigate risk
- Identifies and points out ambiguities in requirements
- Generates detailed defect reports for failed tests
- Assists Development teams with the troubleshooting of defects
- Facilitates cross-functional defect, test plan and test case reviews
- Provides estimates on the test effort for work items
- Participates in program, design, and document reviews
- Adheres to department software release schedules.
- Complies with regulatory guidelines and maintain associated documentation
- Ensures and documents traceability from requirements to tests
• Monitors test automation results for assigned application
- Develops and maintains automated test scripts
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; stay current on SQA best practices; participating in professional societies
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- B.S. Computer Science or other related technical discipline.
- Equivalent experience considered in lieu of a technical degree
- 3 – 5 years of experience testing software including testing of web-based applications and services
- Experience with testing enterprise applications such as ERP, MES, DMS is a plus
- Able to write basic SQL queries
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, SpecFlow, Cucumber
- Experience testing web services using tools such as Postman, SoapUI, Swagger
- Experience with software development build and deployment tools such as TFS, GitLab, Octopus, Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
This position is generally performed in a typical office environment that is usually quiet. Employee is expected to work collaboratively with team members, as well as able to work independently with limited supervision. Work will require significant computer and telephone work.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.