The QA Software Automation Engineer enjoys developing fast and thorough test solutions to ensure customized web-based products and processes are defect-free and client-ready. Is solutions-oriented and enjoys digging into a website’s functionality, developing automated solutions for integration, system, and regression testing.
Our mission is simple: To help employees and their organizations thrive. How do we do that? We facilitate the ongoing conversation between employees and their company to drive success. We are passionate about helping organizations listen to, and act on what matters most to employees. When employees are happy, everyone is happy! We love working closely with our clients, listening to their vision, and deploying a tailored solution that will empower them to grow. Perceptyx’s approach to employee engagement is unique. Our combination of technology and expertise is second to none. We employ an incredible staff of professionals with the experience, knowledge, and drive to move every employee survey project swiftly from vision to reality.
What you will do:
- Responsible for the design, creation, planning, maintenance, and execution of automated software QA tests utilizing web application/web services test automation tools
- Defines high-level test plans, creates test cases, and executes them (both manually and automatically) for functional, integration, system, and regression testing
- Participates in ongoing process improvement efforts to ensure test automation is promoted and applied effectively across multiple teams
- Encourage professional excellence among team members and promote an organizational culture of customer service, innovation, and quality
- Participates in daily Scrum team meetings with developers and product owners to discuss project goals and statuses
- Investigates and analyzes test results to find out root causes of failures by debugging system and application logs
- Applies, develops, and maintains quality assurance standards, techniques, and procedures
- Develop automated test infrastructure and define test development needs and procedures across multiple teams
- Assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine scope of functionality to be covered by the automated testing suite
- Communicates project status and plans and anticipates delays and obstacles
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering)or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with software testing concepts: regression testing, negative testing, White Box v. Black Box, functional v. non-functional testing, smoke testing, integration testing
- Strong web testing and automation skills, in-depth knowledge of automation tools such as Selenium and BDD (behavior-driven development) frameworks such as Cucumber
- Experience in one or more programming languages, such as PHP, Python, C++
- Knowledge of intermediate SQL commands
- Experience maintaining documentation on automation modifications and updates
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-transaction, evolving team environment
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to create the automation testing framework from scratch
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and ownership for all testing efforts supported
- Willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences
What We Offer:
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for you and your family
- The ability to Disdain the Status Quo and be a creative thinker when helping to solve problems
- Flexible work schedules (before, during, AND after Covid-19)
- An engaging work environment that is named as one of the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies for the 5th year in a row!
Perceptyx Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
We celebrate diversity and an inclusive environment. Perceptyx is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.