Cisco's Internet of Things Group (IoT) builds intelligent networking products and platforms for many different IoT applications. We are seeking a highly motivated Network test engineer for the Network Engineering Test organization. IoT s charter, as part of Cisco's broader Internet of Things initiative, is to develop industrial switching, routing, wireless, embedded and security products and industry-leading software platforms that capitalize on the trend toward all devices, machines, and vehicles becoming connected and integrated with traditional enterprise networks
Use your strong Routing and programmability (Netconf, REST, OpenConfig/Yang model) experience with some scripting experience to participate on a team of engineers involved in software testing of Network Engineering Products and Software. The job includes but is not limited to test planning, design, implementation, execution, automation, and regression. We have a strong focus on software engineering methodologies and processes. Contribute to the design of the test and automation strategy to ensure quality of Cisco Products/Software. Produce status reports for management and participate in regularly scheduled bug scrub meetings with the development team. Champion quality improvement initiatives, and drive improvements to the test/automation methodology.
The job involves a great deal of cross functional interaction with development and marketing.
* Strong understanding and some of level expertise on L2/L3 technologies. LAN (Ethernet, VLAN, 802.1q/.1p, Multicast, IGMP etc) / WAN (DHCPv4/v6, PIM, QoS, NAT, Multicast, etc))
* Strong experience with data model interfaces, ReST API's, Netconf, Yang
* Experience with Open Config models and transports like grpc, gnmi
* Scripting experience in Python and Tcl
* Good hands on experience in routing protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IP services (QoS, NAT etc) and L2/L3 VPNs
* Working experience with test tools like traffic analyzers and traffic generation tools (e.g., Smartbits, Ixia).
* Past experience in Cisco products is highly desirable
* Strong communication and leadership skills are essential.
* MSEE/CS or BSEE/CS with 3-5 years of experience
Key responsibilities include:
* Participate and work closely with developers at various stages fspec, design reviews to develop testplans, tools, utilities.
* Drive authoring of detail feature testplans, Design Test bed design, test topologies.
* Develop scripts for automated testing.
* Assist development engineers in product defect diagnosis.
* * Initiate and participate in efforts to improve group productivity and test effectiveness.