Eaton has an opening for a Software Technical Evangelist/Deployment Engineer in Raleigh, NC.
Eaton is expanding its data center software team. Eaton is committed to growing market share for its Power Quality Division solutions. Part of Eaton’s strategy is to reinvent the power management category and develop software that provides customers with the ability to control and manage their power infrastructure via a robust and integrated software suite. To help handle the accelerating growth and drive successful software deployments, we seek a highly qualified Lead Software Technical Evangelist / Deployment Engineer that can assist customer engagements from software demonstrations to full white glove deployments as required. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Raleigh, NC, the candidate will work remotely from an approved home office. Essential Functions:
- Interact directly with customers to deliver engaging and thoughtful demonstrations of Eaton’s data center software platforms both in person and via web meetings.
- Lead on site deployment engagements of software services to deliver up to full white glove deployments of Eaton’s Software platforms.
- Deliver deployments with technical know-how including working knowledge of Linux, software architectures, databases and networking aptitude.
- Interact directly with product management and technical resources to understand the solution roadmap and technical integrations.
- Proactively communicate customer needs/requirements for product enhancements and offerings to the product platforms.
- Develop sales tools/documentation to assist in the proper application/sales practices.
- Drive sales team enablement and training on the platforms.
- Develop customer facing trouble-shooting and installation service structure/documentation.
- Participate in trade shows as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3years of technical software experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time
- Ability to learn, articulate, and support complex software and networking technologies
- Ability to understand the function, technology, features, benefits and value that our software products and services deliver to the customer.
- Ability to communicate business information and customer messaging in an engaging and persuasive manner for best retention and impression
- Ability to include a deep understanding of customer needs and wants identified through a combination of available internal and external information sources
- Ability to demonstrate strong presentation, verbal and written skills
- Ability to multitask, complete projects with tight deadlines and proven technical IT capabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient interpersonal savvy
- Experience in Electrical and/or IT/Electronic industry
- Experience with data center market, data closet market and the IT channel
- Experience with customer meetings and presentations
- Good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 046384