Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 238 days ago
Job Description: Performs technical planning, high level and detailed requirements definition, test planning and execution (to include use cases, test procedures and test data),software systems integration, and technical support for software systems and subsystems. Total software system product may include: concept design, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee). Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- Provide Management Oversight for multiple software development and maintenance activities across the program, focused on deployable real time systems for platforms and sensors, and for processing elements.
- Provide requirements management, design oversight, independent assessments of software risks, performance assessments, and software validation, verification, and acceptance support.
- Requires an engineer with broad software development background for multiple operational systems, with proven capability to assess and support mitigation of design and performance risks.
- Background in independent hardware interface simulator development for software testing support is a plus.
- Role will include interaction with program office principals, system developers, and integration contractors.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years, 4 additional years of experience without a degree.
- Active TS/SC with Poly Security Clearance is required.
- High level of experience with embedded, realtime operational fielded systems.
- Experience with oversight over multiple development and maintenance software activities.