Do you enjoy solving challenging software problems? Want to contribute to the success of the nation's vital space systems? Aerospace is looking for software engineers interested in investigating and applying emerging software technologies to space-related systems. Aerospace's Software Systems Analysis Department (SSAD) team is growing as a leader in applying new software approaches and is looking for your contributions. Some of the duties of the position include:
- Providing software systems engineering skills to space, ground, and launch systems in the national security, civil, and commercial domains
- Applying skills and adaptability in various areas that may include resolution of software systems issues. Support may include, but is not limited to software development; lifecycle guidance; software architectures; enterprise systems; code analysis; and/or other related areas.
- Providing technology recommendations, risk assessments, trade studies, and analyses
- Providing expertise at technical interchange meetings, reviews, briefings to Aerospace, customer, and contractor personnel.
- Learning new skills and mentoring others
- B. S. in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 8 to 15 years experience ideally in large scale, space-related systems
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance. US citizenship is required in order to obtain a security clearance.
- Strong software technical background
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to lead tasks
- Must be willing to learn new approaches and mentor others.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.