Job Description :
Advanced Programs Intelligence Systems (AP-IS) in Special Programs LOB seeks a Software Systems Engineer Staff with systems engineering, software delivery experience to support LEO Mission Status System (LMSS) development efforts.
In addition to software development involvement, Engineer Staff will be required to support testing, customer engagement, new business development, and documentation activities.
Looking for a self-starter that is creative and excited about working the latest technologies and future concepts for a franchise program.
Engineer Staff will be joining a fast paced team that has base contracts and optional follow-on(s) that support an excited customer and user community that is using the software to directly help the warfighter.
Team also has supplemental IRAD funding used to advance current technologies and position ourselves to win new business.
Applicant must have domain knowledge of SP LOB end users. Applicant must be willing to support proposal activities to win follow on business.
Applicant must have experience in planning, conducting, and coordinating software development activities including requirement Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs) and end user prototyping TEMs.
Applicant must be able to document, and test software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to SP LOB mission problems.
Applicant must be able to apply appropriate NSIS standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. NSIS standards includes site surveys, PSA, PSR and required CDRLs.
Applicant will prepare operating instructions, compile documentation of program development, and analyze system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, and input data acquisition.
Ensures software standards are met and monitor Discrepency Reports (DRs) on a weekly basis.
Applicant will provide training and training materials to end users.
- Applicant should be considered subject matter expert by SP LOB end users and have experience working with end users to define software system requirements. Applicant must have knowledge of SP LOB data sources and Concept of Operations (CONOPS).
- Applies knowledge of SP LOB subject matter to develop requirements/prototypes to be developed in mission applications.
- Good communication skills in presenting and writing, Good inter-personal skills working in a team environment.
- Java programming expertise & knowledge of Oracle or other relational databases
- Demonstrated object oriented programming experience
- Configuration management expertise including software release tools/processes and management of data
- Knowledge of the UNIX and/or widows programming environment & UNIX shell scripting
- Must be able to multi-task myriad complex problems.
- Ability & willingness to generate documentation to accompany developed software