Please reply to this opportunity with a current version of your resume in MS
Word format and a time that's best for us to talk.
Position will be required to work autonomously in driving
cloud-enablement within the portfolio. Position is responsible for
keeping the Director informed on related implementation issues, to be
accompanied with remediation recommendations whenever technically
feasible. Position will regularly meet with portfolio development
directors/associate director/managers and/or individual contributors
to assist cloud enablement for their respective applications. He seeks
upper management assistance when needed and has excellent judgment on
when to escalate issues in his own management chain.
Develop/Provide best development & implementation practices for cloud
enabling legacy applications.
Practices to include:
- Consult/Assist application development teams for AWS migrations.
- Develop guidelines for PaaS-oriented development & implementations
(e.g. Cloud Foundry/Openshift).
- Develop guidelines for development & implementation of other
container technology (e.g. native Docker & Kubernetes).
- For legacy application, practices to also include code refactoring
guidelines towards development of microservices.
- Position will also collaborate with his direct leadership team for
communications with IT leadership regarding forecast direction and
BS / CS or equivalent and possess 5+ years’ experience in Subject
Matter Expertise for developing cloud enabled applications including,
but not limited to:
- Cloud Foundry
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS (EC2, EC2 Container Service, S3, Elastic File System, Elastic
Beanstalk, Lambda, RDS)
- Deep understanding of the AWS security model
Note: The predominate development language for all of above is JAVA.
- Must be able to function with limited direction and guidance and be
able to diagnose a wide variety of problems.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, demonstrate leadership
skills and be able to mentor junior engineers both technically and
follow established business practices and guidelines.