KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Position Title: Software Systems Engineer - III
- Works on problems of moderate and varied complexity where analysis of data may require adaptation of standardized practices or precedent.
- Acts independently to identify and select appropriate methodologies.
- Work customarily and regularly (50% of time or more) requires the exercise of discretion and independent judgment.
- Normally receives general instructions on non-routine work assignments.
- Requires additional instructions and frequent guidance on new assignments.
- Decisions are made independently.
- Assigned multiple tasks or projects are generally reviewed after completion.
- Contact is typically coordinative in nature and involves exchanging detailed technical information.
- May deal with both internal and external contacts.
- 10+ years of overall experience with various Data Bases, of which 7+ years exclusively with Oracle, Pl/Sql.
- Experience working with VLDBs (Very Large Data Bases).
- Knowledge of Oracle advanced features like Partitioning, Dynamic SQLs, Bitmap INDEXes etc.
- Performance Tuning, various Query Optimization techniques.
- Proven ability to adapt to various Data Bases, preferably Open Source DBs like Maria DB, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
- Work as an individual contributor as well as in a team setting within a matrix organization.
- Proven ability in communicating with various business groups (IT & Non-IT), understanding business requirements, designing and architecting innovative
solutions, and convincing them to use the designed solution.
- Working in on-site/off-shore model, coordinating activities.
- Experience with RedHat LINUX & scriptinglanguages.
- AWS Experience strongly preferred.
- Exposure to JAVA, TomCat etc. is preferred
Job ID: 70635