The Aerospace Corporation is seeking Software Systems Engineers interested in building leading edge software products and systems. The qualified candidate will become part of the Applied Computer Systems Department.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments typically have specified objectives. Contacts are primarily internal, with infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Works on complex computer science solutions, develop scalable and distributed software systems which requires research, awareness, and interactivity.
- Quickly learns new technical skills to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution.
- 2 or more years of increasingly responsible and related engineering/scientific experience.
- Experience in building systems using at least two different languages: Java, Scala, Python, C++ and other programming languages.
- Design of highly scalable web services and distributed systems.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Present project updates to management in order to ensure that project development remains aligned with managements vision.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational need.
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
- Background in object-oriented design and development, and fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, search engines.
- Experience with Angular 2
- Experience with Git / Subversion
- Experience with Java Spring
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools and best practices.
- Experience with Bootstrap and JQuery
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MEMBER-TECH STF
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
Requisition ID: 39205