We are seeking a highly motivated software architect to both lead and guide architectural design for complex solutions involving software delivering to multiple silicon projects in multiple software domains, including algorithms, embedded firmware, tooling and the Linux audio system. You will be a strong technical presence in Austin to mentor and lead individuals embedded within multiple global software groups, working with deeply knowledgeable domain experts.
- Responsible and accountable for leading and guiding the system level architecture of the software components of complex audio and audio related solutions based on sophisticated mix-signal and multi-core silicon solutions.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring technology leaders and architects across a global software organization
- Responsible for working alongside silicon and systems architects and other disciplines to deliver solutions for today which also deliver a strong architectural roadmap for the future.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or relevant field and 5+ years of directly related experience
- Experiencedesigning systems in a multi-technology environment
- Fast learner, able to quickly assimilate knowledge from domain experts and make strategic technology decisions based on knowing the right questions
- Experiencedesigning complex software solutions
- Educated to degree level or similar on computer science or a related discipline
- Strong communicator to both technical software and non-technical individuals alike
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail when working to tight timescales
- Demonstrate initiative and deal with constantly evolving priorities and competing demands
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with standard modeling approaches, UML, Arch42 etc.
- Experience with Android
- Experience working with audio algorithms
- Experience in C in embedded and fixed-point DSP applications
- Experience in Java.