Be a part of an award-winning, international team that has delivered smart solutions to more than 1,200 financial institutions in the United States. Our culture of innovation is based on decades of real customer insights, keeping us at the forefront of banking technology. We are seeking a Software Support Engineer to support application code and configuration changes in order to solve implementation and customer service issues; respond to critical production events and recommend actions to improve customer experiences; serve our team as a subject matter expert, including mentoring subordinate Support Engineers. The engineer will interact daily with other team members to ensure that a quality product is delivered in a timely manner. This role will work in a UNIX environment in our Software Solutions organization, whose products and services help our solutions empower small to mid-size banks and financial institutions to offer their customers online and mobile solutions to help their customers manage their money.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for responding to complex inquiries of a technical or functional nature which
- are predominantly routine.
- Typically supports both (technical/functional) platform and product issues.
- Handles problem resolutions that may require follow-up and/or escalation to a higher level of expertise.
- Contacts may be live (chat/critical), e-mail, Slack, IM, live person, or phone.
- Support is focused on external clients, with an emphasis on partnering with internal customers to assist/advise internal clients.
- Requires general knowledge of company (DI/NCR), products, and/or services.
- May assess needs and suggest alternative configurations or services.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required during peak season.
- Responsible for taking ownership of critical events and providing technical analysis and insight into the current condition and recommended solution.
- Participating in research and analysis to determine the source of the issue and a recommended plan to avoid it in the future.
- Analysis of key customer service, new offerings, and implementation issues, and subsequent recommendations for modifications to the application, DPV interfaces, or internal procedures that will improve the client experience (end-user, FI, and internal customers).
- Software Support Engineers demonstrate their value by how they show up at work and their demonstrated brand.
- Works quickly to correct identified issues with self/team.
- In addition to their day to day performance, defined as demonstrating a positive attitude and well-framed communication in regards to showing Respect & Teamwork, integrity, professionalism, and good judgment with peers, leadership, internal and external clients, and vendors.
- Ability to provide and accept constructive feedback.
- General Unix knowledge
- General SQL / Oracle DB knowledge
- Time management skills
- Passion for solving problems
- Experience in support engineering roles is preferred but not required