NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Primarily responsible for the diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of StorePoint end-user reported issues. This includes, but not limited to, NCR StorePoint suite of applications, MS SQL and Windows platforms. Troubleshooting and diagnosis of POS, peripherals and server hardware also required.
- Deliver efficient and premium quality third-level support to NCR StorePoint end-users and internal help desks, meeting all established service level agreements.
- Understand completely all customer service level agreements, and company and department-related guidelines.
- Document incidents and requests in the current NCR CRM system according to Support Team procedures.
- Document escalated incidents to Development in the current NCR defect tracking system according to Support Team procedures.
- Create and input knowledge base items in the current NCR CRM system.
- Monitor customer reported problems to identify potential areas requiring further intervention, and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Perform technical testing and reproduction of customer reported issues on lab systems when needed.
- Review and update technical support documentation to ensure information is complete and accurate.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors to resolve software/hardware issues reported by customers.
- Participate in applicable phases of projects involving, but not limited to, installation, configuration, testing, and deployment of new releases of the StorePoint software suite.
- Ability to travel to customers sites for training or support, as well as travel to other offices for training, education, meetings, end-user functions, etc.
- Ability to work remotely during off-hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to take after hours on-call duties on a rotating schedule.
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent years of experience.
- 3 – 5 years of technical/product support experience. POS support experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of computer hardware, Operating Systems and peripheral equipment.
- Very proficient with Windows operating system environment, routine commands and administration activities.
- Proficient in MS SQL, in both the administration and querying of databases.
- Working knowledge of network configuration concepts and protocols for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN).
- Ability to read and analyze moderately complex technical manuals and operating procedures.
- Be proficient in communicating effectively by email, orally or on the telephone with an audience that may include less technically oriented abilities.
- Maintain positive daily working relationships for effective communication with internal departments essential to performance of duties, and a wide range of customers and vendors.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.