The Software Support Developer is a member of the Application Support Team that is responsible for the overall maintenance & support of PathGroup developed software applications. As a member of the Application Support Team, the Software Support Developer must be able to evaluate the urgency and impact of support requests, use knowledge of relevant technologies to troubleshoot system activity, identify probable application configuration, and successfully resolve issues by programming/coding changes to improve systems.
- Analyze reasons for application and database failures, and revise applications or database logic as necessary.
- Consult with Senior Developers, program high quality fixes for software problems and drive fixes to production; following the PathGroup SDLC and industry best practices.
- Answer questions and provide technical assistance and/or training to application users. Resolve problems by reviewing and analyzing software documentation and production outputs to identify causes, solutions, and/or makes appropriate referrals.
- Confer with other personnel in resolving problems involving procedural and technical matters. Research problems and recommends solutions.
- Implement approved changes to application software and databases to correct problems, modify or enhance applications function.
- Participate in the PathGroup Support Process.
- Test application software to assure accuracy, integrity, interoperability and completeness to achieve desired results before software undergoes final user testing.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Become familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Associate's degree in a related field required or applicable education and experience equivalent.
- Two to four years programming experience required.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Competency and proficiency in C# and .Net applications.
- Must be an excellent problem solver who is able to work independently.
- Ability to prioritize duties and attentiveness to detail required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Upbeat attitude, willingness to accept challenges, and ability to perform under pressure required.
- Must have a strong desire to learn.