The IT Software Support Analyst II position is the business systems and software expert. This position performs support and end-user issue assessments to ensure efficient operation and utilization of Company's business software. This position also identifies and communicates to IT management root cause problems and identifies opportunities to provide end user training for issues identified as training issues and works with management to implement long term solutions and enhancements. This position is also responsible for application monitoring and system change management processes. In addition to change management this position will be responsible for managing IT projects as assigned by IT Management. Performance and effectiveness of this position are indicated by, but not limited to, the results of end-user support issues, IT helpdesk issue trends, and the effectiveness of software implementations and the management of assigned IT Projects. Information Technology Software Systems are defined but not limited to ERP System (Irium) and new ERP (Dynamics), CRM and business applications that are part of current and future corporate application portfolio.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must be able to quickly assess system issues and coordinate and partner across the business and IT in order to trouble-shoot and resolve system issues.
2. Provide knowledge base that can be shared with the IT help desk.
3. Provide technical experience to help desk staff.
4. Work closely with business and other teams to assist in the overall definition of support items and provide quick assistance to meet SLAs.
5. Responsible for maintaining helpdesk ticketing queue for application support requests.
6. Responsible for knowledge base transfers to all other support staff and the help desk as required.
7. Work within software development plans/schedules, providing technical updates and overall plans for better support of our product suites.
8. Directly responsible for the following business system, IRIUM, system and its related information systems, including but not limited to: end-user compliance, consistency and
accuracy for all business functions; System User & Process Reviews; Data Quality Assessments; Process Enhancements; Training; Documentation; Certifications; System Change Management; and Testing and Validation.
9. Works directly with Systems Support Coordinators in reviewing helpdesk requests, credit memos, and parts stock adjustments to identify User performance trends and enhancement opportunities.
10. Develops and employs database monitoring tools to pinpoint exception errors prior to processing and reporting.
11. Responsible for the planning and implementation of all system changes, including operating system software patches and upgrades, database uploads, hardware changes and upgrades, testing and validating all changes before going live and coordinate with functional leaders on the implementation.
12. Documents and administers all change management documentation, including change management checklists, testing and validation results, software archives, and historical change records.
13. Requires staying abreast of emerging technologies and system enhancements to recommend new solutions as opportunities for increased business productivity may be realized
14. Managing Internal IT projects as it relates to software improvements, enhancements, new implementations as well as other IT Management Assigned projects
15. Four-year Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or Accounting or comparable educational degree with 4+ years of appropriate experience
16. Knowledge of Irium, Crystal, and SQL software programs
17. Experience in an ERP environment and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
18. Experience in common Microsoft business applications
19. Excellent analytical and reasoning skills, strong knowledge and experience with Excel
20. Strong communication skills, including oral, written and listening
21. Must exhibit detail orientation and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
22. Ability to work and secure confidential information
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Learn all critical roles of each business unit and understand how their roles record and process transactions via best practice procedures.
2. Serve as helpdesk backup as business requires.
3. Work with Data warehouse team on application and data mapping.
4. Actively participate in various meetings that assist in the gathering or analytical data or extracting meaningful recommendations as directed by Management.
5. Participate in other analytical projects and activities as directed by Management.
6. Completion of all other duties as required or assigned by Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to work in a high paced working environment with frequent interface with customers (internal and external) and vendors. Must be able to adapt to a busy office environment with rapidly changing priorities and a high volume of information flow while remaining professional at all times. The Associate is occasionally exposed to a machine shop environment and hazards from equipment movement. This position will require overnight travel by car.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. Associate must regularly talk and hear, interfacing with customers by telephone or in person using good articulation and voice control. The Associate is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The Associate is occasionally required to stand for moderate amounts of time. The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.