AECOM is actively seeking a Software Support Activity (SSA) Manager in Norfolk, VA. As we continue to grow our IT work, this new position will lead several software development projects, including a Government and AECOM network, and provide a vision on how to take the current projects into the future using cutting edge technology. This position will provide oversight and direction of software development lifecycle support for a variety of highly complex business critical systems, including COTS and customized solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field and 10 to 12 years of relevant work experience are required.
- Possess a good understanding of business applications.
- Excellent communications and analytical skills required.
- Position may require travel.
- Perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the Performance of assigned software developers working on a specific project.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordinating of projects and may be involved in the design phase of a project.
- Work with customers and technical staff in the resolution of software problems and respond to suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
- Participate in the development of software user manuals.
- Assist in the training of less experienced software development staff and may act as a team leader on less complex projects.
- Experience working with application development tools to implement application workflow processes including tools such as Microsoft TFS.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Understand all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Manage workflow and interface work items with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- SCRUM Master Certification
- Possess an Active Secret Clearance.