Interested in innovating from the ground up in a global, market leading company? We are developing products to support our existing clients while expanding into new sectors for financial services transformation. As an integral part of an agile, diverse, close-knit development team, you will create world-class applications. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies and platforms, and to contribute to all phases of development. We offer a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment where you can leverage your expertise to help establish new industry standards. Our ideal candidate has a passion for knowledge, a hunger to take on challenging and exciting projects, as well as an unrelenting drive to learn and teach others.
This job might be for you if you:
- Want to be responsible for the architecture, development and support of a mission-critical solution and other enterprise applications using the latest architecture patterns.
- Can work independently on projects, as well as lead technical teams on projects while collaborating with peers and other technology teams.
- Able to understand individual components in the context of the overall solution and design/code within that understanding.
- Enjoy contributing to solutions servicing a global market in a rapidly-evolving and fast-paced payments industry.
- Desire to influence technology decisions utilizing your skills and passion to investigate emerging technologies and provide recommendations on when to adopt.
What you will be doing:
- Architecting a payment solution aligned with senior leadership strategic direction.
- Leading team’s efforts to deliver design docs that ensure requirements from business sponsors are met while ensuring conforming to architectural patterns.
- Assist in setting processes and standards that align with industry best practices.
- Provide leadership in architecting new services within the solution.
- Perform code reviews to ensure coding and architectural standards are being met.
- Serve as escalation point with issue tracking and resolution.
What you will need for this position:
- At least 3 years of experience architecting enterprise solutions.
- Up to 5-10 years of experience in Software Development.
- Programming experience with the following: Java, C++, and SQL.
- Experience with Java or C++ memory management and performance analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a team environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to travelinternationally on a limited basis.
Added skills we value:
- Banking or Payments industry experience.
- Experience with REST, JSON, Microservices, SOA, Docker or Containers.
- Experience with database design and database performance optimizations.