The Sales Engineer works closely with other team members to provide technical support, and they also conduct technical sales presentations, along with the following responsibilities:
- Partner with account managers throughout the organization on prospective opportunities
- Participate in the consultative dialogue with customers in order to capture their vision
- Pull together and collaborate with subject matter experts across the organization as well as our partners
- Provide solution approach to include assisting in technical architectures for large scale efforts as well as designing and assisting with building prototypes and/or proof of concepts
- Manage estimation request, including writing the request, educating the estimation staff, and writing a proposal from the results.
- Create core components for statements of work, RFIs/RFPs.
- Provide knowledge transfer to new projects including participation in initiation meetings, educating the staff through preparation meetings and ensuring team is prepared to successfully kick off the project.
- Responsible for representing our company at events, and to clients.
- Some travel may be required (up to 25%) - if not located in St. Louis, MO or Denver, CO, travel will be required for the initial two months of employment.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- BS degree and 5-8 years of prior relevant experience
- Must have a strong background in Software Engineering with a deep understanding of application servers, development methodologies, operating systems, technical platforms/architecture, and the application workflow lifecycle OR User Experience (UX) background with a deep understanding of user centered design, visual and interaction design, and front-end engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication, product demonstration, customer service, and presentation skills required.
- Intrinsically/self-motivated: must thrive in situations where given autonomy and responsibility to find solutions to problems with limited direction.
- Have a general business acumen to align solutions to business outcomes. Storytelling skills to share the why and how of what we do.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects from multiple clients while working with different account managers.
- Must excel at developing processes when needed and be comfortable problem-solving in ambiguous settings.
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- Possess a deep understanding of Federal Gov't processes and ability to dissect RFI/RFP's
- US Citizen with an active Secret security clearance.