This role provides a fantastic opportunity to be involved with engineering security-focused software applications in support of Apple Retail’s Point Of Sale (POS). This person will utilize their Java programming skills, as well as their architectural mindset, to design and implement security applications for Apple's critical systems used worldwide. The role includes cross-functional teamwork and providing support through both education and tangible deliverables.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with all aspects of digital security including intimate knowledge of cryptographic algorithms (RSA, DES, AES, SHA-1, etc.)
- Network and application layer security, intrusion detection, threat modeling, risk analysis, and vulnerability resolution.
- They will be experienced with Java, and various database technologies including Oracle and MySQL.
- They will have the ability to explain complicated security issues to non-security technical users and possess excellent understanding of PKI, X.509, ASN.1, key exchange protocols, and authentication protocols, ideally in conjunction with 5+ years of software architecture and design experience.
- The role requires critical thinking ability, creativity, patience, and the ability to generate unique and custom solutions to uncommon problems.
- Candidates must be comfortable generating new robust, well-documented, and testable code as well as analyzing and maintaining legacy proprietary code.
BS/MS in Computer Science or Information Systems CISSP is a plus.