Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure provides mission-critical and business-critical solutions to governments and service providers. A global leader, proven innovator, and trusted partner, our software and industry expertise help improve the lives of millions of people through safer communities, better public services, and more reliable infrastructure. Visit hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.com.
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workfl ows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information, automate business processes and improve productivity. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has more than 18,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.1bn USD. Learn more at hexagon.com.
Hexagon is seeking a talented, experienced software architect to join its multi-faceted team engaged in the development and support of our large and technically-sophisticated Geospatial and Transportation solution suites. Candidates will work with customers and stakeholders to evaluate designs and solutions; perform requirements analysis, system design, software design, and the coding and testing of complex algorithms, interfaces, and business logic on Windows platforms. Candidates will contribute to system specification efforts, develop and integrate solutions, interact with customers to present solutions, complete site acceptance tests, and move systems to productive operations. The candidate will interact directly with project managers and technical management on development projects, and will be responsible for the overall software architecture of the solution applications. Candidates may also provide support to sales efforts through customer demonstrations and prototypes, and through leading technical interactions with client staff, presenting Hexagon technical capabilities to prospective customers.
The ideal candidate will be able to lead a team of software engineers involved in the development of web-based road network safety analysis solutions for the transportation industry, and will have prior experience in the development of safety analysis solutions for this market.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline from an accredited university (ABET program accreditation preferred)
- Masters degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline preferred
- 5+ years of experience working on complex software development projects
- Experience with the development of web services using ASP.NET Web API
- Expertise with Oracle PL/SQL and the development of stored procedures, packages, and triggers
- Experience with Oracle Locator/Spatial
- Sound problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to effectively lead a team of software development professionals
- USA Citizen or permanent resident required
Req# ID 2018-3874