Job Description :
Software Safety Engineer to provide process and product assurance that software products comply with F-35 software safety program requirements by performing the following tasks: develop and assist in preparing software aspects of the hazard analysis; review and analyze software to ensure appropriate individual Integrated Product Team (IPT) process definition meets appropriate safety level for software; assess individual IPT compliance and collection of evidence for hazard analyses for each Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI); conduct software safety assessments on CSCIs; process release authorization notices to clear software for use in flight.
The selected applicant must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require frequent interactions with project leads and other software engineers on the program. The ability to travel on occasion to conduct assessments is required.
Must be a US citizen. Applicants will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Degree in an engineering/technical discipline
- Candidate must have experience with software development and/or test
- Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering Technology Degree
- Background and experience in real-time embedded safety critical software applications.
- F-35 Mission Systems or Vehicle Systems software development/test experience.
- Familiarization with F-35 software development tools, processes, and documentation.
- Familiarity with software safety requirements across the full development lifecycle from hazard identification through development to system/software qualification test.
- Familiarity of standards such as MIL-STD-882E, DO-178C, DO-254, Joint Software Systems Safety Engineering Handbook v1.0 (2010), and/or F-35 Safety Evidence Assurance Levels (SEAL)
- Languages: UML, SysML, C++, C, Ada, Assembler, XML, Visual Basic Tools: LDRA, Parasoft, Rhapsody, MATLAB, Dimensions, DOORS