Job Description : Lockheed Martin is seeking a Software Quality Engineer for a position in Orlando, FL to develop and maintain Systems & Software Quality Engineering (SSQE) Common Processes that are aligned with AS9100 Quality Management System, Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (CMMI), Program, and Customer Requirements. Support the development of SSQE processes in support of emerging business pursuits and developing technology areas.
This role requires interface with systems and software development personnel, test and evaluation personnel, and project managers. Must work well in a team environment, have excellent customer interface and presentation skills, have effective interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively. The candidate is expected to quickly come up to speed with the SSQE work scope, technical requirements, program risks, and delivery milestone schedule. The SSQE responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Identify root causes and associated corrective actions, evaluate process/product performance, and participate/interface with the engineering counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual and company requirements
Ability to evaluate data to identify systemic issues and trends
Participate in the software change control process boards
Moderate travel may be required to support program activities.
• Technical degree, preferably in one of the following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• Ability to interpret Schematic Drawings, Specifications, Contracts that will enable development and review of Systems & Software QE Processes, and related Performance Metrics.
• Software Quality or Engineering experience in Requirements Analysis, Product Integration and Test.
• Good understanding of software dependencies, process flow and development methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to use causal analysis tools to analyze and resolve technical/process issues varying from basic to very complex.
• Ability to interpret software design and code (C/C++) to verify implementation of requirements
• Test Equipment Hardware knowledge or background skills.
• Effective Communication Skills: Written, Oral, Listening, Presentation, Technical Writing.
• Effective interpersonal skills, including Team building and Collaboration
• Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
• Ability to travel
• Ability to obtain a security clearance
• ASQ CSQE (Certified Software Quality Engineer)
• Strong knowledge of Industry recognized Quality systems/models such as Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI), International (ISO), aerospace (AS), and FAA regulation
• Lean / Six Sigma Green
• Experience with Government customers