$80K — $100K *
Job ID: 547631BR
Date posted: Jan. 15, 2021
Description:Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an outstanding company?
The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to join a team that encourages employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been crafting, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies and on the ground.
Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world every single day. Join this highly accomplished team providing inventive solutions to sophisticated technical problems facing the aerospace industry. We provide the resources, encouragement and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
You will support the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) program in Sunnyvale, CA as a Software Quality Engineer, ensuring that contractual requirements, software standards and Lockheed Martin standards are met.
Responsibilities include applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the development life cycle. Apply knowledge of computer hardware and software, programming experience, information processing techniques and information captured from system users, to improve the level of SQE technical reviews of software products and processes. Participate in program level boards and reviews (SRB, CCB, ERB, TRR, etc.) as well as peer review activities. Implement software quality plans and procedures. Conduct software evaluation activities related to software development and conducts software subcontractor evaluations as advised.
Evaluate requirements, design, development, configuration management, builds, documentation, integration, testing and release of deliverable/non-deliverable software deliveries and installations using established procedures as a guide. Some travel may be required in this position.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards and Recognition
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or other programming/scriptinglanguages
- Ability to prepare and support presentation of materials at various program boards/reviews (e.g.,PMR, CDR, PDR, TRR, ERB CCB, SRB, TIM)
- Software audit and/or assessment experience
- Ability to review and update program level quality documentation
- Demonstrated experience performing Quality efforts on both development and sustainment projects
- Ability to plan, manage and support multiple activities and tasks with minimal direction
- High energy, self-starting, great teammate who achieves goals and is adept at identifying issues/gaps and working to closure.
- Skilled at building partnering relationships at all levels, building trust with customers, and proactively addressing issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products
- US citizenship required to start with the ability to acquire a Secret Security Clearance
- Certified software quality engineer, ASQ certification
- Database experience
- Experience with software development environments (e.g., UNIX, Windows, Rational, CASE tools)
- Experience in the review of supplier SQE and SWE process/products
- Software configuration/build tools (e.g., ClearCase)
- Problem solving experience
- Root cause analysis, corrective action and preventive action familiarity
- Hardware Quality Engineering experience
- Knowledge of SAP/ERP Systems
- Understanding of AS9100, AS9102 and MDA Assurance Provisions (MAP)
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Experience with Government customers
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection
Virtual Location: no
Valid through: 3/15/2021