Engineer IV, Software Quality
OmniCenter Web Applications team is seeking hands-on, talented and highly-motivated individual leads with a passion for quality. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing and executing automated and manual tests for Web applications in our pursuit of high product quality and customer experience.
- Design and develop test plans and test cases along with defect management, tracking and triage.
- Test and validate code/workflows using manual and automation tools.
- Ability and desire to understand software code, debug issues using log files, and write automation.
- Implement test automation for systems where none exist to extend our current capabilities.
- Proven experience of training and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Ability to provide credible inputs and suggestions on improving SQE processes and tools infrastructure.
- Actively participate and lend credible inputs during requirement gathering, sprint/release planning, test case reviews, and grooming sessions.
- Proactively solve problems and suggest process improvements in testing and automation to improve the product quality quotient.
- Actively participate in product automation efforts for earlier identification of functional issues and continuous improvement of regression suite coverage.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience in designing and executing automation, load, performance/scalability testing.
- Excellent working knowledge and expertise on programming using C# (preferred) or Java, SQL Server AND front-end technologies.
- Understanding of application lifecycle management tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT – Experiencepreferred.
- Firm understanding and Knowledge of databases. (MS SQL Server Preferred)
- Passionate about software quality and test architecture. Must be able to review specifications and design thorough test coverage.
- Firm understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile/Scrum based testing in particular.
- Proven skills in data analysis, data/design verification, and problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Deadline oriented - Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining on-task.
- B.S, software engineering or related field.
- 4+ proven skills and experience in testing and automating Web client application workflows. Experience in writing automation code using descriptive programming at UI and Service/API layers.
- 8+ years’ experience in software testing. Excellent working knowledge of testing methodologies and strategies, including: black box, grey box, and white box testing; feature, functional, continuous integration, and regression testing.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- M.S degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with testing Angular based web applications.
- Experience on testing High availability, High throughput web applications.
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Postman and/or Swagger tool experience.