Software Quality Engineer III
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Quality Engineer III
Location: Maryland Heights - MO
- Reviews proposals, contracts, regulatory, program and customer requirements ensuring early quality involvement in program development.
- Prepares and maintains Quality directives, policies, processes, procedures and metrics to assure program, contract, customer, regulatory requirements, international standards and working agreements are deployed. Analyzes process data, metrics, models and flows to identify root cause of problems.
- Participates with stakeholders to develop potential preventive or corrective actions and implementation.
- Conducts research, compiles and analyzes performance reports and process control statistics, to continuously improve process capability.
- Conducts quality source selection and process reviews of suppliers' ability to meet program quality requirements and support business decisions, and develops a coordinated response for management review and approval.
- Conducts hardware, software and system level audits to determine compliance with quality management system standards, configuration assurance, related business, regulatory and customer requirements and reports results to management.
- Analyzes data to provide material review dispositions for nonconforming materials, parts and equipment.
- Experience working as an investigator performing root cause corrective action
- Experience with Quality Assurance processes and flows
- Participates in the selection and approval of automated configuration management tools and processes for software developed in various languages.
- Works with regulatory agencies and other functions to develop criteria and procedures for software delivery activities.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Contributes to building large scale software systems.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components.
- Contributes to the development documentation and maintenance of software architectures.
- Participates in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter and evaluator.
- Performs software requirements change assessment and provides a technical interface to requirements change-assessment meetings.
- Develops, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
- Actively participate in process reviews.
- Provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs research, documents research and development results and aids technology transfer into programs.
- Leads process improvement activities at the organizational level.
- Plans for and verifies acceptability of supplier’s software quality systems and programs. Performs software acceptance and delivery activities.
- Works closely with government representatives on Software Quality issues.
- Prepares and presents information at formal review meetings with customer and internal leadership.
- Leads reconciliation of complex software products.
- Works with Process Improvement personnel in conducting training with respect to quality processes and CMMI.
- Oversees of deliverables, inputs/outputs, non-compliance handling (NC), root-cause and collective action (RCCA), process or procedure failure and ability to moderate a discussion to correct cited issues.
Typical Education and/ or Experience Qualifications:
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
• Active Secret DoD Clearance required
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Familiar with AgileScrum, Waterfall and XP methodologies – SDLC
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) processes
- Experience developing and/or integrating with military aircraft or subsystem software, avionics, sensors or weapons products.
- Prior experience completing CMMI 3 Audits
- Working with process improvement personnel in conducting training in respect to quality and CMMI.
- Ability to analyze, document and present technical issues to diverse audiences
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Prior support experience for the US Navy, US Air Force, US Marine Corps and International customers with Mission Planning solutions.
- Working with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA).