You: You are a software quality engineer who strives for excellence in software testing and risk management. You have a curious mind and a passion for continuous improvement. You thrive in an agile, fast-paced, and highly collaborative team environment.
Us: We are a high-performing cross-functional team of developers, software quality engineers, product managers, and designers. We are passionate about delivering elegant solutions to complex business problems. We have a proven track record of delivering successful applications that delight our customers.
What we want you to do: You are a core member of Development teams at Apptio. You make our products great by applying your combination of thorough knowledge of customer use cases and application functionality. As well as using your strong skills in software testing and risk management, to guide your team members to design, build, and test. You will work with your scrum team to deliver impactful and valuable features bi-weekly.
- Demonstrated expertise with best SDLC practices; preferred experience with the following: augmenting test scenarios, analyzing test gaps, root cause analysis, debugging, troubleshooting, and build processes
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to help SDEs improve their test coverage throughout the development cycle. (e.g., collaborating with them to create, review, and augment test plans and test data).
- Ability to focus on for moderate-complexity software changes such as large features, asynchronous features, refactors.
- Experience working with JS, CSS, HTML sites
- Experience working with software as a Service (SaaS) applications and understanding the impact of this architecture in a deployment environment
- Experience with performing exploratory testing opportunistically to identify test gaps further.
- Communicate well across the organization; effectively introduces new information and opinion into the dialog; participates in driving to right decisions; presents to own sprint team as well as to other SQEs.
- Experience defining end-to-end 'real world' scenario tests; may also automate these scenario tests.
- Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL a plus
- Experience with AWS a plus.