Harris Corporation is currently seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer. The Harris Surveillance and Automation Solutions Business Area is a recognized, vibrant, and growing organization providing unsurpassed engineering, management, operations, implementation, and information solutions for worldwide Air Traffic Control. We are in the forefront of the FAA's NextGen Airspace Modernization Programs, international Air Traffic Control Systems initiatives, and next generation timing and location solutions. This work includes modernizing from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management, improving communications between pilots and air traffic controllers enabling more efficient operations and reducing communications errors and radio congestion, and developing leading-edge concepts in all dimensions of air traffic control.
The successful candidate will be involved in all phases of the system life cycle for various Air Traffic Management systems. This individual will be a key participant in requirements analysis and system design, system integration and test, and operational support. These systems incorporate geographically dispersed sensors and radios, external data feeds, multiple applications running on centralized servers, monitoring subsystems, data conversion equipment, and data delivery subsystems located at customers’ facilities.
- Interface with Quality, Engineering, Management, Customers (FAA QRO) and Subcontractors to ensure contractual requirements are met.
- Validate software processes and products utilizing established quality assurance policies, plans and procedures.
- Responsible for development and implementation of an audit program to assure compliance to one or more of the following software development standards (CMMI Level 3, DO-278, ED-109, IEEE 12207 and ISO 9001) Harris programs.
- Witness and document the build, installation and test of software and software systems.
- Participate in team software design/code peer reviews for technical and process evaluation.
- Review product documentation for correctness and completeness.
- Collaborate with teammates to continuously improve software engineering processes and products.
- Investigate software defects and work with teammates to develop disposition, evaluate root cause, and establish corrective actions.
- Responsible to plan and perform physical audits of processes, installed software configurations, hardware configurations.
- Responsible for corrective action resolution management within assigned programs or efforts.
- Collect, analyze and report on software quality discrepancies, include trend and pareto analysis of results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Science, Computer Science, or Engineering. With at least 6 years in of experience in either Quality or Software Quality roles.
- Educational background or experience with programming languages C++, C#, (C sharp), Java and or other object-oriented design concepts.
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and software development lifecycles.
- Possess knowledge and experience to actively participate in customer and or registrar assessment of compliance to software development standards (CMMI Level 3, DO-278, ED-109, and ISO 9001 IEEE 12207) as applicable to Harris programs.
- Understanding of software configuration and change management practices.
- Proficiency in all MS Office Applications.
- Ability to work effectively on a team, yet maintain professional Quality separation.
- Self-motivation, leadership skills, and the experience necessary to perform the Software Quality Function with strategic direction (not tactical direction)
- Must be a US Citizen capable of obtaining an FAA Public Trust/DoD Clearance.
- Some travel, domestic and foreign, may be required.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Lean, Six Sigma, continuous improvement and AS 9100/ISO 9001 quality systems experience.
- Professional certifications or completed coursework in the field of Quality, Software Quality, Software development, or LeanSix Sigma