Job ID: CEP001080
At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving healthcare through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. With our GeneXpert® System, we’ve taken the most sophisticated molecular technology and packaged it into an automated, easy-to-use format that has quickly become the platform of choice worldwide. From the largest laboratories to small physician offices, our game-changing solution delivers critical answers when clinicians and patients need them most. Through strong molecular biology capabilities and ongoing product innovation, we are focused on developing tests for healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology, and oncology applications. Come join our vision for a better way and help make life better for us all! For more details, visit us at www.cepheid.com or follow us on Twitter (@CepheidNews).
Responsible for the creation, submission, execution, and review of software test protocols in the Software Quality department. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects or activities within software quality department. Applies analytical skills and independent judgement in resolving software issues in coordination with software engineers. SQA Engineers are responsible for the quality of the software that is shipped to customers, used in manufacture of medical devices, used in Cepheid's quality system, and system software that is used throughout the company.
• Perform duties as an individual contributor and/or team member with 100% hands-on work.
• Create test plans, reports, test designs and create/execute test protocols
• Review related software documents such as requirements to develop test cases
• Work closely with Software Engineering team toward the reporting and resolution of design issues and/or software defects
• Collaborate with appropriate departments to release qualified parts as needed
• Create, review and approve change orders in document control system on behalf of software quality
• Represent Software Quality on Software Core Team on low to medium complexity projects
• Coordinate traceability matrix updates and contribute to regulatory submission documents
• Update or create metrics that track key software quality performance indicators (KPI
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (MINIMAL COMPETENCIES)
• BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 3-5years of software testing experience
• Must have experience with: Windows environments, Web testing, Excel macros and/or complex spreadsheets, and SQL or other RDBMS systems
• Have experience in all aspects of software testing: developing test plans, traceability matrixes, test cases, test protocols, test data, etc.
• Be knowledgeable in QSR and Part 11 regulations
• Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, must be self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products quickly
• Have strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills, as well as dedication to quality software and customer satisfaction
• Experience with other applications such as defect tracking, web-based applications, requirements management
• Ability to work in office and lab environments.
• Ability to lift instruments that weigh up to 25 pounds.