Software Quality Engineer – Consumer Web & Mobile
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for assuring the delivery of high-quality products and software services. A Software Quality Engineer applies a wide variety for testing and quality assurance techniques tocomplex software projects often requiring coordination with multiple software delivery teams.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Your responsibilities in this role include:
- Participate on project scrum team. Participate on defect triage team. Manage personal work backlog using agile practices.
- Review user stories, acceptance criteria, specifications, software designs, code and tests.
- Write automated and manual test cases and procedures. Collaborate with peers to ensure adequate test coverage and efficient test execution.
- Apply industry-standard methods to develop, automate and execute unit, component and system-level tests.
- Report test results, submit defects and verify defect fixes.
- Ensure software testability, test coverage and test maintainability meet project requirements.
- Assess the impact of requirements, design and code changes, recommend test updates and regression testing, and execute agreed upon tests.
- Act on metrics to improve process effectiveness, test execution, and product quality.
- Participate in process improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with Development to define software requirements, design and implementation to ensure testability, scalability, maintainability, and reliability.
- Develop new technical solutions to ensure project quality, cost and schedule requirements are met,risks mitigated, and quality plans and test plan are executable.
- Use metrics to understand process effectiveness, quality assurance and testing progress, and product quality and recommend actions.
- Lead assigned process improvement efforts.
- Assess vendor quality and testing based on requirements in Statements of Work. Collaborate withvendors to plan and execute integration and system level tests.
- Assess and escalate issues as needed to Software Quality Lead.
- Participate in defect triage, program risk analysis and development cycle-time optimizations. Identify opportunities to enhance test automation framework and tests.
We're looking for you to bring the following experience and education to this role:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field and 3-5 years of experience performing software quality and testing throughout product development, deployment and maintenance and 1 yearof experience writing, running and automating tests; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one programming language, such as Java, Ruby, Python or C#.
- Ability to react quickly and remain productive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to learn, apply and follow company best practices.
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical project team members.
- Demonstrated experience with web, mobile and database application technologies, automated testing and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more: software reliability, automated test maintenance, static analysis, or code coverage.
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate industry-standard processes and practices to prevent and detect defects throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize metrics and understand processes related to effective quality assurance and testing progress.
- Extensive experience with web, Service, mobile and database application technologies, automated testing, frameworks and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with Continuous Integration, Design for Testability, and Software Stability.
- Demonstrated ability to select appropriate industry-standard processes and practices to prevent and detect defects throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work across project teams to leverage existing knowledge, technologies and solutions.
Position is posted at level II or III DOE