A successful candidate will have a strong investigative skill set to identify issues, isolate root cause, and communicate effectively across the organization to help the development team effectively resolve problems. Applicants should have experience with genomics and scientific applications, the application of visualization tools, an understanding of databases, and the application of software quality best practices, including using bug tracking applications. We are looking for an informatics specialist that is motivated by the application of science to resolve complex and real-world problems through software.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage automated software testing suites of genomic algorithms.
- Ability to validate genomic analysis results using a strong understanding of the genomics field and the various tools available to scientists.
- Document and execute company software quality plans and reports.
- Produce efficient test procedures, document results clearly, and provide effective communication throughout the software development life cycle.
- Interact with software and bioinformatics departments to ensure the products are integrated and effective.
- Skilled with troubleshooting bioinformatics software tools and pipelines.
- Learn and continue to broaden skill set to deliver exciting, effective, and innovative solutions for our customers.
- Adopt new technologies for automation, software testing, genomic statistical analyses.
- Tools: git, SVN, Defect tracking (TFS or JIRA), shell or batch scripting
- Development Languages: Python, Shell, Perl, R
- Operating Systems: Linux
- Experience with Linux command line argument software
- Experience with Windows-based GUI applications
- Experience building up software testing infrastructure and regression test suites
- Genomic or scientific experience
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Very strong analytical, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Xray for JIRA, TFS
- Agile/Scrum Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure
- Experience performing SQA for products in a regulated market
- Ability to self-manage time and tasks as well as coordinate tasks within a team
- Enthusiasm, self-motivated and goal-orientated
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or related discipline
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.