Role: Software Quality Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
- Design and develop test plans and test cases along with defect management, tracking and triage.
- Test and validate code/workflows using manual and automation tools.
- Ability and desire to understand software code, debug issues using log files, and write automation.
- Implement test automation for systems where none exist to extend our current capabilities.
- Proven experience of training and mentoring junior members of the team.
- Ability to provide credible inputs and suggestions on improving SQE processes and tools infrastructure.
- Actively participate and lend credible inputs during requirement gathering, sprint/release planning, test case reviews, and grooming sessions.
- Proactively solve problems and suggest process improvements in testing and automation to improve the product quality quotient.
- Actively participate in product automation efforts for earlier identification of functional issues and continuous improvement of regression suite coverage.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven experience in designing and executing automation, load, performance/scalability testing.
- Excellent working knowledge and expertise on programming using C# (preferred) or Java, SQL Server AND front-end technologies.
- Understanding of application lifecycle management tools such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), GIT ? Experience preferred.
- Firm understanding and Knowledge of databases. (MS SQL Server Preferred)
- Passionate about software quality and test architecture. Must be able to review specifications and design thorough test coverage.
- Firm understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile/Scrum based testing in particular.
- Proven skills in data analysis, data/design verification, and problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Deadline oriented - Ability to work with minimal supervision while remaining on-task.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- 4+ proven skills and experience in testing and automating Web client application workflows. Experience in writing automation code using descriptive programming at UI and Service/API layers.
- 8+ years' experience in software testing. Excellent working knowledge of testing methodologies and strategies, including: black box, grey box, and white box testing; feature, functional, continuous integration, and regression testing.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- M.S degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with testing Angular based web applications.
- Experience on testing High availability, High throughput web applications.
- Healthcare industry experience.
- Postman and/or Swagger tool experience.