The Test Engineer is responsible for defining, executing, reviewing manual and automated test cases along with developing and maintaining automation scripts for corporate systems applications while reporting and tracking issues and supporting key members in project activities.
Responsible for the definition of manual and automated test cases for one or more applications within a unit in accordance with the test strategy.
- Defines (with Software Quality Assurance Analyst - Seniors) manual and automated test cases and scripts that contribute to comprehensive systems, systems integration, and/or user acceptance level testing
- Monitors that the correct environment(s) exist to execute test plans and cases in conjunction with the test strategy, and takes corrective action as necessary
- Executes manual and automated test cases and scripts
- Reports and tracks defects in a timely fashion
- Verifies issues/problems raised by test teams
- Reviews testing deliverables
Team-member level involvement in project team activities
- Assists/supports onshore and offshore team members as needed in performing testing activities
Supports project implementation as needed
- Contributes to development of production implementation plans
- Participates in production implementation “walkthroughs”, providing recommendations regarding production readiness.
- Provides input to the “go/no-go” decision along with other stakeholder groups, for complex implementations as needed
Other requirements for this role
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a professional manner both written and orally
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, initiative, and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task, meet aggressive timelines with strong work ethics
- Experience of working in a financial industry preferably in Compliance, Finance, or Regulatory Reporting
- Experience with systems development methodologies
- Good leadership and organizational skills with ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts.
- Experience with test automation and test management tools
Education: Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of (Quality Assurance/Test Engineering/Regression Testing) in a financial services environment.