Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer
Tripoint Solutions (TPS) is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Test Engineer to support its Veterans Affairs (VA) client. This individual will assess software quality through manual and automated testing. The QA Test Engineer will also be responsible for identifying and reporting bugs.
***Position is located in Washington, D.C.***
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Coordinating with developers and functional end users to create test plans and execute test scripts
- Coordinating with test sites and other team participants to plan test events
- Monitoring and updating bug reports as needed; including bug report closure
- Configuring necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing
- Writing and/or assisting in the development of test plans and test procedures
- Identifying and assessing risks
- Reporting and documenting technical issues
- Participating in conflict resolution in the test environment
- Identifying and escalating environment issues and data gaps in a timely fashion
- Stage test data
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of 10 years in testing experience with web based applications
- Minimum of 5 years in testing in an Agile environment
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance and PIV Card; Due to the nature of the work and contract requirements, US Citizenship is required
- Experience working on multiple projects or initiatives concurrently
- Experience with smoke, regression, and functional testing
- Experience with IBM Rational or comparable LM tool
- Experience with SoapUI
- Experience with XML
- Experience testing in CRM Dynamics
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confidence dealing with clients
- Ability to be productive in a remote environment
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
Tripoint Solutions (TPS) is a minority-owned, SBA-certified 8(a) small business specializing in business and IT consulting, delivering tailored solutions to our customers based on their unique organizational requirements, industry best practices, and a recognition of state of the art technologies. TPS focuses on software engineering, process improvement, and software development lifecycle support. We provide a broad range of Federal customers with solutions for enterprise, cloud-based, and mobile environments.
Tripoint Solutions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V), making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
All resumes are held in confidence. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Tripoint Solutions participates in E-Verify.