State Street Global Markets is looking for a talented IT professional for the role of Quality Assurance Engineer to join State Street’s world class IT organization. As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be joining an established team of test engineers in Boston and China who will engineer the next generation of applications supporting a range of business organizations.
The Quality Assurance Engineer position will be an integral part of the GM Global Quality Solutions team and will be responsible for performing quality assurance planning and testing on new applications and supporting one or more applications used by the GM Business globally.
The Candidate is expected to be hands on and to become a business subject matter expert. You will work directly with various departments (business, development, analysts and other test teams) that are part of the software development life cycle. As you develop strong interactive working relationships you will be an important participant in the commercial success of the business.
In this role the candidate will:
- Analyze functional specification and technical design documents
- Develop manual and automation test plans
- Develop comprehensive test plans and test cases with expected results to provide test coverage for all of the functionality detailed in the requirements
- Create test data and execute the test cases manually as well as via automated tools and scripts
- Document defects on a defect tracking system and communicate issues to the project team
- Provide guidance and direction to program managers and technical staff on internal or external factors that impact test strategy
- Develop and maintain test automation processes in alignment with the organization’s standards and tools
- Capture and report metrics data gathered in the test process in order to propose and implement ongoing improvements
- Ensures proper procedures and controls are in place throughout the testing process
- Participate in daily stand up iteration planning product demos and retrospective meetings
- B.S. Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4 years of quality assurance experience in a Financial Services software environment through all stages of product development
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking platforms and an ability to manage testing across platforms
- Demonstrated experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong attention to detail and a commercial focus
- Proven problem solving communication interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and large-scale testing projects successfully.
- Experience with software engineering standards metrics and quality assurance principles.
- Testing automation experience with HP's QTP and UFT (HP's Unified Functional Testing Tool) Ranorex and other Automation tools to automate Data Centric Applications.
- Experience designing and developing custom test automation frameworks using Keyword and Data-Driven methodologies
- Proficient SQL query skills and experienceworking withdatabase technology.
- Knowledge of defect tracking systems
- Knowledge of Quality Center software
- Oracle UNIX LINUX or other open systems operating system knowledge and experience.