The Research Computing Division (RCD) of RTI International has an immediate opening for an experienced Software QA Specialist to provide testing and related support to projects. This position requires excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal and relationship-building aptitude, ability to prioritize tasks focus on details, ensure quality, and willingness to work effectively in a team environment with a diverse group of technical, scientific, and non-technical staff.
RCD provides software design and implementation for collecting, processing, managing, presenting, and analyzing data. Critical to success in this position are excellent writing and editing, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Candidates with a broad skill set will be well-suited to adapt to the computing resource needs of a diverse project base.
- Develop, manage, and write test plans and test documents that provide comprehensive test coverage for small to large and complex projects.
- Aid with system development life cycle (SDLC) activities, write SOPs for SDLC procedures.
- Contribute to establishment of SOPs, adhere to quality processes and standards required by the division.
- Use requirements documentation and other specs to create test scenarios that serve as acceptance criteria for the software product.
- Create and execute test cases, scenarios, and scripts using both manual and automated testing techniques to conduct functional, integration and regression testing.
- Identify, analyze, and document defects using defect tracking tools.
- Document, track and communicate test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems.
- Analyze user stories and use cases/requirements for validity and feasibility.
- Collaborate closely with team members across the Institute.
- Ensure traceability between software development products including requirements, designs, test plans and test procedures.
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other technical field + minimum 5 years of experience performing analysis and testing through a full SDLC.
- Experience with SDLC models, especially Iterative and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with data retrieval methods to test database systems developed in technologies such as SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience testing web-based systems and mobile applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills to ensure issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Excellent written skills to effectively communicate information to project team members.
- Technical writing and communication skills including reviewing and building acceptance criteria for software development and testing.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team player, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to create and perform both manual and automated tests as well as familiarity with both methodologies.
- Ability to perform defect reporting and tracking and use defect tracking tools.
- Ability to participate/lead all test related meetings with all levels of staff.
- Excellent analytical, planning and SDLC skills.
- Excellent computer related and developmental skills, with the ability to learn new software.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not now or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Experience with accessibility testing techniques using web screen readers (e.g., JAWS) and experience with accessibility testing as per Section 508 (WCAG 2.0) standards.
- Experience with CMMI, ISO or ITIL maturity models and frameworks.
- Experience conducting application security and penetration tests.
- Certification in Software Testing such as CSTE, CSQA, CEH, ISTQB.
- Experience building automation code with Selenium, Appium, Espresso
- Experience with integrating automation tests into CI / CD pipelines.
- Experience with load testing concepts and load test tools such as Apache JMeter or Locust.
- Experience with Docker / Vagrant / Kubernetes.
- Experience with database/backend testing using SQL queries.
The anticipated pay range for this role is between $90,000-$110,000.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further,
salary is merely one element to our offer.
- At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for mothers and fathers, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance.