We are hiring a Software QA Manager for our Rochester, NY location. The Software QA Manager will report to the VP of Technology, Strategy, and Software Development and will be responsible for managing the definition, implementation and integration of quality principles and processes into the design and development of software and IT processes across our SSD development organization. The QA Manager is responsible for overseeing the software testing operations and personnel responsible for assuring the quality of all software delivered by the Systems and Software Development team. This includes day-to-day operational oversight, personnel management, reviewing and establishing processes, and identifying new practices and methodologies for our software validation efforts. This also includes collaborating with project teams, the service group, customers, business stakeholders and senior management to effectively plan for and utilize SSD QA staff and resources. He/she will be responsible for applying their broad technology background and deep quality assurance experience to identify the appropriate tools, practices, and measurements to help us achieve robust quality across all of our deliverables.
The QA Manager will manage and lead our Software Testing personnel, performing direct supervisory responsibilities for individual contributors. The QA Manager will lead the QA team in the definition and application of cost-effective practices and will establish processes to ensure effective software testing and quality assurance practices are applied across all Software projects. In this capacity the QA Manager has the opportunity to help mold the QA team as well as the larger organization, establishing new methods of work, invigorating the organization with a mindset of continuous improvement.
The QA Manager will lead the definition of a system of metrics that will enable us to assess our current state at any time and measure the effectiveness of our practices to identify further areas of improvement.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the processes established for the validation of software.
- Define and establish our automated testing strategy and establish plans for effectively executing on the strategy.
- Support the identified Software Development Lifecycle process as it pertains to the validation effort.
- Assign and manage test personnel to project teams.
- Design and coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures for testing and evaluating software
- Develop and review test plans and acceptance results as required for reporting software quality results.
- Work with Product Owners and Marketing as needed to solve testing issues as required to meet acceptance
- Assist with and coordinate scoping and estimation activities for QA tasks for product releases.
- Identify and secure necessary equipment resources in support of testing efforts and manage their effective use
- Assists with management and coordination of lab equipment resources.
- Review test personnel performance and progress, provide regular feedback, and identify personal growth and
- Collaborate with other management for the selection of test personnel and test tools needed to complete projects
- Coordinate necessary training programs for test personnel development.
- Communicate status regularly to senior management.
- Seek ways to improve testing efforts from current and future projects to reduce time and cost without loss in
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Masters degreepreferred.
- 10+ Years relevant experience with software quality assurance and software development
- Strong History of defining and implementing software test plans based on project goals and requirements.
- Direct hands-on experience testing and leading the testing of client, web, and mobile applications.
- Direct experience with load and performance testing.
- Designing and implementing test plans and test cases for imaging-based applications is preferred.
- Practical experience with mobile application testing, including strategies for testing across a wide range of mobile devices and operating systems.
- Practical experience with test-driven development preferred.
- Practical experience is defining metrics for measuring software quality and for assessing the performance of SQA processes, procedures, and personnel.
- Direct experienceworking within an Agile software development environment.
- 3-5 years’ direct supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of testing tools including defect tracking and automation tools such as Selenium and Test Complete. Knowledge of Team Foundation Server strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products including Word and Excel or non-Microsoft equivalents.
- Strong knowledge of software development processes and a general knowledge of software design that can be leveraged to develop appropriate testing strategies.
- Understanding of browser functions and networking.
- Some experience programming and knowledge of scriptinglanguages preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies including Machine Learning and Augmented Reality preferred.
- Strong business skills to complement the requisite technical skills is highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding demonstration and presentation skills.