The QA Manager position focuses on the delivery of quality software via release testing, integration testing, functional testing, component/api testing, performance testing, load testing, 508 compliance testing, security compliance testing, UI/UX testing, and Mobile platform testing. The QA Manager position also acts as the Team Lead responsible for assembling and maintaining a team of QA staff to support the overall QA effort in-line with the organization’s strategic goals. This position will also work cross-functionally withproduct management, implementation teams, and customer support to ensure that product quality extends beyond the software and is focused on providing solutions that meet customers’ business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in enhancing culture that is focused on quality.
- Develop test plans and strategies for delivering on software releases.
- Provide direction, advice, and focus for a team, a workgroup, and individuals.
- Work with team members to develop and execute test plans.
- Establish and track metrics for measuring team and individual effectiveness.
- Establish techniques and standards for the improvement of the QA effort.
- Develop and implement plans for increasing test automation.
- Develop and implement plans for increasing test coverage for all products.
- Develop plans and participate in the training of new QA personnel.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality is incorporated early in the SDLC.
- Provide technical expertise to the team on leveraging tools to support full range of testing.
- Manage team to provide documentation of test results in a manner that is consumable by internal and external customers.
- Provide transparency to colleagues and internal customers into QA procedures and outcomes.
- Do whatever needs to be done to enhance the overall operation.
- Provide second level on-callsupport during expedited product releases.
- Coordinate testing resources to meet deadlines.
- Assist with testing efforts as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field, and 7+ years of relevant experience or possess equivalent experience.
- Experience managing QA in an Agile software development environment
- Working knowledge on the use of software testing automation frameworks such as Cucumber, Selenium, or other equivalent framework.
- Experience using Karate, SoapUI to aid in API testing.
- Experience testing integrations between systems (including financial system integrations).
- Working knowledge of penetration testing tools such as OWASP Zed Attack Proxy (ZAP).
- Knowledge of 508 compliance and testing methods such as JAWS .
- Knowledge of performance and load testing methods and tools such as Taurus.
- Data analysis abilities using Excel, SQL Enterprise Manager/ Query Analyzer, etc.
- Must have extensive knowledge of product problem domain, such that the ability to diagnose issues that may be caused by enhancements, fixes, and new technology.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and cross departmentally.
- Strong desire and ability to guide, develop and empower employees towards meeting company and individual goals.
- Demonstrate analytical skills and intermediate data analysis abilities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and a functional level.
- Commitment to high level of customer satisfaction.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 2years
- Quality Assurance: 5years
- Agile: 5years