Work closely with the Director of Engineering, Product Managers, Engineers and DevOps teams. Define, manage and conduct QA initiatives. Contribute to various levels of QA automation processes and code in an agile environment. Ensure timely feature delivery and outstanding software quality. Lead a team, establish best practices and deliver at a high pace while working closely with local and off-shore development teams.
- Establish QA processes, practices tools and methodology; Define and manage QA process within agile scrum development process.
- Collaborate with engineering, product management and UX design leadership to optimize overall product process and ensure high quality deliverables.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Build a QA organization and work to evolve the QA operation within the overall product team.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan.
- Debug source code to determine the source of errors.
- Manage and mentor junior on-shore and off-shore QA analysts.
- Conduct backend database testing in a Microsoft SQL environment, including validation stored procs, jobs and triggers.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts, such as test data, data validations, harness scripts and automated scripts.
- Design and develop automated tests using Selenium with TestNG.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined processes and escalate potential quality issues to management.
- Ensure validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate and report defects in web applications, mobile applications and APIs. Test and verify defects fixes, ensuring acceptance criteria are met.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- 4 years of QA Automation experience. Experience must include:
- – Software Quality end-to-end as part of an Agile SDLC.
- – Software QA methodologies, automation tools, and processes.
- – Web and Mobile test automation using Selenium with TestNG.
- – Test-driven, behavior-driven, and acceptance test-driven development.
- – Creating automated tests for RESTful API.
- – Use of Jira for project management, defect tracking and test repository.
- – Build and integration.
- – Code management – define repositories, manage versioning strategy, manage branching and deployment.