The Software Quality Assurance - Staff Engineer supports an agile team in validation and verification, analyzing, designing, building and testing of Internet Of Things (IoT) connected products.
This role will work closely with development engineers on the scrum team to debug and resolve issues.
This role requires wide breadth of skills to root cause issues from mobile app to cloud to firmware. Problem solving and high order thinking skills are a MUST. Focus on both functional compliance and user experience testing are required.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases based on user story acceptance criteria
- Participate in scrum sprint planning and story estimation for test activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools (Python, Lua, RaspberryPi, Ardunio, AWS test harness etc.)
- Work with Debuggers including JTAG and UART, Serial Trace Loggers to root cause issues
- Work with Protocol Analyzers such as wireshark and BLE Loggers
- Work closely with Engineering development to debug and resolve issues
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Develop automated regression testing, tools, procedures, scripts and hardware harnesses
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Root cause issues of the system as a whole - including app, cloud, hardware and software
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Required education level – BS or BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent Strong Software background
- Required software product development experience
- Strong Knowledge of firmware, software development embedded, real-time, highly reliable software design
- Automated Nightly Builds, Units test
- Good skills and knowledge of leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Preferred Skills with video, voice recognition products such as Amazon Echo
Technical Background -
- Python, Test Driven Design, BLE, WiFi, Firmware, RTOS, Sensors, Apple HomeKit, iOS, Android, Amazon Alexa
- Prefer experience with voice and/or video camera platforms
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Knowledge of otherAgile approaches
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Understanding of SEI Capability Maturity in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Certified Software Quality Analyst is a plus