QA testers record all defect details, creating and distributing reports outlining the types of defects found and the steps taken to resolve these issues. Maintaining documentation, such as change logs, regarding software and application defects helps QA testers recognize similar problems in the future and to provide quick resolution.
Assist Software Developers with Design Processes
QA testers apply their knowledge early in the software development process. They work closely with developers to recognize the potential for any operational issues, assess risks, and resolve issues before the new software is complete. They may also be tasked with preparing code tests.
- 2+ years of experience in IT Quality Assurance software testing
- 2+ years of experience with integration testing, and regression testing
- 2+ years of experience in GUI and back end testing and UAT testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- A self-starter, quick learner, and the ability to work in a team and individually
- Organisational skills with the capability of working towards tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite applications with proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Experience with Salesforce.com, and familiarity with CRM software.
- Experience with issue tracking software such as Jira and standard modeling and wireframing tools.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools is a plus
- B.S. in computer science or related degree
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements