This position will spearhead a renewed initiative of software quality for our internal systems. We create and maintain the systems running our core business; these systems will be your main responsibility. Our systems are primarily web-based, but we also develop and use server-side and various other tools.
Qualified candidates will function as the “gatekeeper of quality,” requiring masterful planning skills, a broad QA background, and a keen sense of how to help our software engineers meet or exceed their high standards of quality.
- Design our new and more agile testing framework.
- Develop scenarios and test plans to maintain high standards of quality.
- Collaborate with the software development team and other product owners to deliver full code coverage in terms of quality assurance.
- Execute, document, and report quality status checks and their results.
- Ensure all product releases meet or exceed our existing goals of high quality and security.
- Design, organize, and facilitate user testing.
- Expand this renewed initiative to maintain scalability.
- 3+ years in software QA and testing
- Experience with enterprise-level testing
- Experience with bug-tracking systems; GitHub experiencepreferred
- Experience with version control systems; knowledge GitHub and integrated systems preferred
- Experience with automated testing
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Self-starter with passion for creating, expanding, and maintaining QA-based subsystems; requires minimal supervision and guidance
Awareness of web security caveats (CSRF, XSS, SQL injection, and so on), ability to test for all of these cases and others
Ability to take something imperfect and make it perfect, asymptotically or otherwise
Relentless attention to detail
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Some understanding of software development
Involvement in the PHP/JS community
- Ability to enhance our automated testing
Office work in a controlled environment that requires extended periods of sitting
May require lifting and moving IT equipment and related objects
Availability for on-call
Medical / Health / Wellness
Nexcess pays a generous portion of the medical plan premium for both employees and dependents. Insurance selections for employees and eligible dependents are effective after 90 day of qualifying service. Employees may choose from a variety of plans including:
- Medical Insurance (Employee-only coverage is 95% paid by the company)
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Long Term Disability – free coverage for all eligible employees
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance – Free coverage for all eligible employees
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment - Free coverage for those enrolled in the medical plan
Via our partner Blue Cross and Unum, Nexcess offers many Health and Wellness Programs, including:
- Smoking cessation
- Health screenings
- Bike, running and walking clubs
- Wellness and Nutrition counseling
- Weight Watchers and Weight Management programs
- Fitness Classes
Nexcess offers a generous leave program including a combination of the following, depending on employment type:
- Paid Time Off program that provides approximately 2 weeks vacation in the first year and accrual increase after three years
- An average of six paid institutional holidays per year
- Family and Medical Leave
- Parental Leave
- Available leave for military service, funeral, jury duty and required education
- Recognition and Discretionary Leave
Nexcess provides a very aggressive 401(k) or Roth retirement plan to all employees with more than 90 days of service. The company will match ($1/$1) up to 6% of each paycheck up to $18,000/year in plan contributions.
Convenience and Fun
There are many conveniences that go along with working at Nexcess. Depending on location, these include:
- Unlimited Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas
- Coke Freestyle™ Machine
- Weekly catered lunches for all employees
- Periodic breakfasts, sweets, and snacks
- Relationships with local cafes and restaurants for great discounts