This role involves working on developing and extending an automated test framework, designing and implementing automated test cases for a variety of solutions that include both Windows desktop applications and web applications. The individual will use software testing methodologies including test case coverage assessment, defect tracking and requirements traceability, and will provide test automation status and execution results to cross functional teams. The successful candidate should have the software development skills necessary for developing an automation framework while also having a passion for quality and knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Integration of test automation into all phases of Continuous Delivery cycles.
- Management of automated test environments, including virtual environments.
- Developing and extending an automated framework using Microsoft C# .NET.
- Using UI automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver and/ Protractor or Ranorex in development of an automation framework.
- Read, understand and correctly interpret business and technical requirements and ensure traceability to requirements with test case coverage.
- Plan, organize and execute independent verification and validation of product functionality, load and/or performance or similar test types and report results.
- Work closely, collaboratively and communicate effectively with project stakeholders, software developers, and managers.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach to assigned responsibilities
- Must be passionate about quality.
- Strong manual and automated testing skills. Test automation development experience should include low-level framework development experience and not just record-and-play scripting skills.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand client-server or web application architecture and programs.
- Must have a working knowledge of standard QA methodologies related to software development and verification, and configuration management.
- Familiarity and/or experience with defect tracking and source code control systems.
- Familiarity with performance and load benchmark tests and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to act effectively as a member of an engineering team in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Able to multi-task and adapt quickly.
- .NET Framework/C#
- Windows desktop and web application UI automation
- XML and XSD documents and technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Database scripting
- Nice to have:
- Selenium WebDriver/Protractor
- Cloud testing
- HP Load Runner, J Meter
- Dev environment: GIT, Docker, Jenkins, TeamCity
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science
- Six (6) years of experience as Software engineer or related. Experience must include automation framework development.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to travel locally for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops.
- Must be able to travel occasional by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities.