We are seeking an experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer. In this role, you will be working in building up the next generation of Diagramming Software (CAD) in the FARO Zone product line. You will be part of our fascinating R&D Department, in Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal, contributing directly to the product development ensuring state-of-the-art software quality, performance and user experience.
FARO Zone is FARO’s main software product in the Public Safety vertical and one of the world’s most known products in its market. In this position you would be working with the development team in the US from FARO’s Portugal office design, develop, test, and build the next generation of Public Safety software.
- Leading edge technology;
- A team of Aces to work with;
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies.
- Passion about software quality processes, testing, testing automation and a strong mindset about continuous improvement;
- Experience in software testing both manual and automated as well as quality assurance processes within an agile environment; knowledge in C# is a plus.
- Worked with JIRA, ZenDesk, TestRail or similar tools;
- Experience with AWS or Azure, this will be valued;
- High organization and pragmatic way of thinking with great attention to detail;
- A can-do attitude, you are results driven and persistent.
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Receive project goals, work with stakeholders to breakdown epics into deliverable stories, define a plan/cadence of deliverables, negotiate with the stakeholders on phased delivery of value, gather/incorporate feedback and drive epics to closure;
- Design testing scripts for the purpose of performing tests on new versions of software associated with the organization’s product lines;
- Write the procedures to be utilized in the script, addressing which aspects of the software are designated to be tested;
- Work within a software development team, testing software in all phases of the development cycle from early (and potentially undocumented) drafts to final shipping product;
- Review software documentation and user stories for testability to ensure consistency with software features and performance;
- Other tasks include: software testing, writing automated acceptance tests to operate all elements of the program and replicating problems, determining root causes.
What FARO can offer you:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
- In general, an unlimited contract;
- Flexible working time;
- Training opportunities.