Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) is 5G, delivering physical, virtual and cloud-native 5G infrastructure and customer premise networking for high-speed data and multi-service communications networks. Our core and edge convergence technology enables public and private networks for both communications service providers and enterprises. Casa Systems™ products deliver higher performance, improved network flexibility and scalability, increased operational efficiency and lower total cost of ownership (TCO). Commercially deployed in more than 70 countries, Casa serves over 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Software Quality Assurance Engineer (4G/5G CORE Network Functions) to join our growing team based at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will impact the organization by testing design and development, testing execution, testing automation of functional, integration, scale and performance test plans for 4G and 5G Core Network Functions in accordance with defined SQA practices, procedures and quality standards to ensure product meets quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute system level, functional and non-functional, integration, regression, system, exploratory and performance/stability tests for 4G and 5G Core products.
- Develop and employ testing strategy and tools based on interactions with feature architects and software engineers, based on industry standards and customer requirements.
- Develop and run automated tests.
- Report results of testing.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; MS degree preferred.
- 2+ to 5 year’s applicable experience in automating and testing virtualized hardware and software products.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment; previous start-up experience is a plus.
- Able to work with multiple teams.
- Able to live Casa’s core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
- Strong background in developing test specifications and test strategies.
- Self-starter, capable of working independently and building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Has a passion to read and understand 3GPP technologies.
- Strong networking (TCP/IP, Routing/Switching, BGP/OSPF etc.) passion, skills and ability to debug network problems.
- Experience working with Virtualization technologies such as Openstack, KVM, ESXi.
- Experience working with Containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Software Automation – scripting and/or programming expertise using Bash, Python.
- Experience with Rancher, Redhat Openshift, Google’s GKE, AWS is a plus.
- Experience in testing EPC - MME/SGW/PGW/ePDG/PCRF or 5GC – AMF/SMF/UPF/NRF/NSSF/N3IWF a plus.
- Experience and proficient understanding of 3GPP packet core domain - 4G EPC and/or 5G Core is preferred.
- Strong understanding/experience of Python based Test Automation frameworks such as Pytest, ROBOT, Nornir, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS Ubuntu or RHEL 7/8.