The Amazon Fire OS team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow.
The successful candidate will be obsessed with quality improvement and automating tests for regression and new features. Responsibilities include understanding customer use cases, diving deep into the software development, and developing QA approaches to measure confidence in the product. You will work directly with development teams, test automation engineers, and peer QA teams to iteratively improve our software development process.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
• 5+ years of industry experience in software development or test
• Knowledge of Python
• Knowledge of SQA methodology and tools
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Masters degree
• Experience with embedded systems, consumer devices, or mobile apps
• Experience programmatically testing products, measuring test coverage, developing the best automation, driving testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of working effectively with development engineering and other functions
• Fluency in programmatic-level testing and user-level automation
• Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
Valid through: 11/14/2021